6.09.2008

The Black Box Theory




'The "black box theory of consciousness" states that the mind can be fully understood once the inputs and outputs are well defined. This is usually followed with radical skepticism that the possibility of ever successfully describing the underlying structure, mechanism, and dynamics of the mind will ever be possible...'

Basically what this means is that we may be able to observe and analyze what information is "input" into the mind, and witness the various forms of the magnificent creations it can "output", but we may never be able to understand the actual mechanism involved in this process. Alas, the mind is a black box that can really only be defined by its inputs and its outputs.

It is from this theory that i entitled my blog "the black box chronicles". Simply, I am chronicling the thoughts and ideas that come from my black box, and the the memories and experiences that shape them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I was going to come on here in a swagger, and go all head-to-head with this black box metaphor, but I'm about to go to bed.

And so, instead I'd just like to say that I'm glad to have re-found this blog. I thought it was dead, and that you'd reconsidered...

I think you're onto something here. I've enjoyed reading what's been writ :).

Oh. P.S. I prefer a non-bold font. Easier to read I think. (Not asking that it be changed)

nada said...

Since your the fist person to post a comment and probably one of my only readers right now, id be more than glad to change the font for you. Thanks for reading!