6.12.2008

Shadow boxing with creativity

A few days ago I was surfing the web trying to find anything that would interest me. I think that the Internet is such a powerful tool for exploring ideas and learning new things. As I was surfing, I came across a painting that I have not looked at since I was taking an art class in high school. Salvador Dali's brilliant masterpiece, the persistence of memory.



It made me think about the importance of imagination and creativity. It made me reflect on how monotonous things can be, and how as individuals we all have the power to break free of the overwhelmingly boring day to day chores some of us tend to succumb to.

The persistence of memory is so unique and interesting that i can't help but be jealous of the world that Dali must have lived in. Imagine seeing the world through his eyes. I suspect that it must have been a lot like dreaming while your awake...

In the following weeks, as i begin to develop this blog, I will start incorporating some of the ideas that i have been dying to get out of the box (see previous post). I don't have a structure of how I'm going to relay my thoughts and ideas just yet, but i think i will be needing one. Apparently people need this type of construct to keep them interested... But, this is about me and my way right? We'll see how it goes.

Thank you Dali for sharing your output with us, For those of you that are not familiar, its probably worth checking out this Wikipedia article on him.

Live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is some kind of structure necessary to maintain passion and enthusiasm?
(If I am correct)I ask myself this question too. My immediate and long standing answer has been: discipline is dispassion. The poet speaks when he/she is spoken to, structure is for the affairs of the dull office.

Yet without order and regiment I, for the most part, creatively slumber on.

I don't believe this to be conclusive though. Not for me and hopefully not for you!

May ye be infused with passion and the necessity to share it, here, in this most wonderful thought-space.